View Single Post
      03-19-2013, 05:33 PM   #12
mccannable
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by MP0WER View Post
like it or not the label guys are running a business. You ever seen a warning on a VHS or DVD movie. Same thing. They're not warning against you making a copy and giving it to your sister. They are warning against people making mass copies for distribution.

Making 100 songs available to millions of people for free downloading damages their income stream. It's not like they missed out on a $1 purchase, the potentially missed out on hundreds of millions of dollars they use to pay employee's salaries as well as royalties to musicians.

I think a dollar a song is pretty fair. I remember getting a CD for $10 and thinking that was a super deal. Most of the time there were 3 or 4 songs on the album that i wouldn't care for. So paying 7 or 8 bucks for the songs i want from an album still seems good to me. In a time where the price of goods are increasing, i'm still paying less than $10 for all the songs i want from an album.

People who wear a shirt a few times and then return it are 2 things. 1) Dirty stinking bastards 2) cheap lowlife bastards. Just my opinion though. I guess i come from a generation where the people who actually do the work should get the money. i.e. the people making the shirts, music, software, etc.....
Amen... As a musician this was a tough for me, kid would buy my cd then talk about burning it for their friend in front of me. We always let it slide because we were happy to spread the music. But signed bands we toured with didn't even own those CDs they had with thier merch. It's a living for some.
Appreciate 0