View Single Post
      03-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #11
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

like it or not the label guys are running a business. You ever seen a warning on a VHS or DVD movie. Same thing. They're not warning against you making a copy and giving it to your sister. They are warning against people making mass copies for distribution.

Making 100 songs available to millions of people for free downloading damages their income stream. It's not like they missed out on a $1 purchase, the potentially missed out on hundreds of millions of dollars they use to pay employee's salaries as well as royalties to musicians.

I think a dollar a song is pretty fair. I remember getting a CD for $10 and thinking that was a super deal. Most of the time there were 3 or 4 songs on the album that i wouldn't care for. So paying 7 or 8 bucks for the songs i want from an album still seems good to me. In a time where the price of goods are increasing, i'm still paying less than $10 for all the songs i want from an album.

People who wear a shirt a few times and then return it are 2 things. 1) Dirty stinking bastards 2) cheap lowlife bastards. Just my opinion though. I guess i come from a generation where the people who actually do the work should get the money. i.e. the people making the shirts, music, software, etc.....