12-17-2012, 09:53 PM   #36
InsanePineapple
Shenanigans
United_States
Rep
Drives: See Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faust View Post
I am surprised by the reaction here. Im no fan of roadsters/covertibles but this is a thing of beauty, one of the most perfectly proportioned BMWs (in BMW design terms, long hood, short overhangs, long wheelbase, pushed back cabin, etc). I don't care about the interior trims, I like the interior as a general design and have you noticed that the HVAC panel is directly inspired by the CS concept, as well as Z8? Really I expected the CS to influence the design language of BMW a lot more but so far I have only seen traces of it in only two models, in the Z4 cabin and in the recently unveiled 4-Series Coupe Concept rear lights.

Of course one can argue the whole 6-series GC is a continuation of the CS idea but in purely stylistic terms I think only these two models have taken direct design cues from the CS. Which by the way I hope is revived as an 8-series, ultra luxury coupe, Gran Coupe and maybe convertible.

Oh, and a Z4M is a MUST. Being hard top one could say it is already a coupe so I don't mind that but it is really silly to have an X5M and not a Z4M.
Hear hear!

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgere View Post
I like how the car looks and would like to get one but at the price point they started with this Z generation it does not make sense to me. On top of that almost every review I've seen says the car doesn't handle that well, so why bother.
also, 100% agree with the pointless LCI change - nothing new and those new headlights don't make it look better or different....
pass....
Doesn't handle well compared to what? The M3? It kicks the MB SLK's butt in the department, which is its main competitor.

[Current] Tesla Model 3 Performance
[Retired] Audi R8 V10 6MT, BMW i3 BEV, BMW i3 REx, BMW Z4 sDrive35i DCT, BMW 335i Coupe 6MT
Appreciate 0