Land_Shark
In The Flesh
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by night199uk View Post
Hey,

Did you find a way to power your ICOM up without using the car? Its pretty cramped in the car and I've heard we can power it off a 12V PSU. But I can't find any details on the pinouts etc. Would be great to be able to power it up on the bench so I can troubleshoot the EDIABAS problem. Not much space in the car.
No, I did not look into that... I received an extension cable from OBDII to the ICOM A... It was long enough to be placed all under the footwear of the passenger seat.
The ICOM A connects to my PC via an Ethernet cable, which is long enough for me to sit out side of the car...
It was pretty comfortable...
I rund the Diagnose, deleted few errors and fixed few, than deleted all errors...
I will be taking the car to BMWHK to change the L7 DSP (hoping this is under warrantee), than will code the folding mirrors and few other little things...
I am using the ISTA-D & ISTA-P and not the VMWare...

Re Combox Media; BimmerNav will do all the coding before sending me the kit and once installed, they will code the iDrive remotely, they told me the car power should be enough.. But I don't mind buying the PSU if it was not a Monster $$$ thing...
Appreciate 0