View Single Post
      05-04-2013, 02:38 PM   #1
TitanTim
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW Z4 sDrive 2.0 M Sport

Carbon Mirror Covers Fitted

Fitted a pair of carbon fibre mirror covers today from Tekarbon. These are OEM covers which have received the carbon twill treatment

I had planned on removing the mirror glass so as to get at the clips which hold the mirror casings as I've done this before when removing the mirror covers on my previous 1 Series. However unlike the 1er the E89s mirror glass seemed very stubborn to unclip I therefore just prized the covers off which took a little finger nail pulling but its do-able. If you start at the top of mirror cover inboard and gently prize the cover off it will unclip and then do the bottom and once it starts to unclip its very easy to then remove fully. There's no danger of breaking the clips. The replacement covers simply push back on and click into place.

Overall experience of ordering from Tekarbon was not good as the first pair were faulty, well one cover was. They weren't prepared to pay for return postage and I still had to upgrade the postage for them to send a replacement cover as they wanted to post out from the USA to the UK the cheapest way which mean a wait of 6 to 8 weeks Anyways all good in the end. Some pics of them fitted.

Tim.

Last edited by TitanTim; 05-05-2013 at 06:34 AM..
Appreciate 0