View Single Post
      01-16-2013, 07:56 AM   #9
Asbjorn
Captain
China
Rep
Drives: Z4 N54 DCT (VTT GC lites)

No... maybe I should call it the tezties?

I usually just call it my C4 (American Zee). No matter if I am in the US, Europe or China. It has become a really bad habit as I often make non-americans think I drive a Citröen without even noticing .

My female friends in China like to refer to it as my baby gf or mistress... Chinese generally like things to be cute/funny rather than cool. Chinese boys, especially those who know cars, will call it a BMW Z4 (in Chinese of course). And lets face it, no matter where you are, the sDriveXX part is just too German to be loved by anyone passionate enough to buy a roadster. But the BMW part is important to Chinese because it is one of the most regarded brands here. And in China, brands = face = the meaning of life (almost).

But while on the topic of names I would like to tell what my license plates say. Here in China most numbers can be pronounced to sound like words. For instance does "88" sound like "bye bye" in Chinese, and "3q" sounds like "thank you".

The numbers and letters on my license plates basically say "ML, I want, I really want". To fully understand what this means in China, click here:

http://hahachn.wordpress.com/2012/10...meaning-of-ml/
Appreciate 0