View Single Post
      01-11-2017, 10:47 PM   #12
dblaron30i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Sapphire black Z4 30i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jparnes1 View Post
That is correct. No one can prematurely reset it until a warning is received that the pads are low. And whether or not the pad thickness can be accurately read by the sensor or if it's a mileage-based service is easy to answer. You will notice that a car driven mostly on the highway will log more miles than a street driven car. But the street driven car will need new pads sooner. So the sensor seems pretty accurate. That's been my experience. Of course there can be a glitch, but if you think the sensor is wrong just pull your wheel off and look at the pad.
Ok basically he is asking one question! That is if his computer is reading correctly. I think you didn't read what I wrote and that it can be reset at any point according to BMW. Second of all the sensor is not a very smart sensor. It is actually very dumb. Here is a video for all who don't understand your cars.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3x7JF4suRsw

So based off of this please explain how your cars break sensor is intelligent enough to recognize mileage, because it isn't. It has to do with his ecu and the mileage estimator built into the software. So given that, it is more likely his computer is not working properly if the mileage is not changing. It is an estimate. A guideline for when BMW thinks it should be changed based on your mileage. Remember everyones driving style is different and the sensor that is there is not smart enough to account for that.
Appreciate 0