View Single Post
      12-23-2016, 05:46 PM   #7
dblaron30i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Sapphire black Z4 30i

Well I just went out and checked mine. My fronts read 27,000 rears 28,000. This was reset on my car about four months ago. Which I do believe the starting point is 32,000 when reset. I have only driven 3,000 miles so by those numbers they don't add up. It still seems to me as a guideline to when they think you should replace. Another thing to think about is it seems that it drops in 1,000 mile increments. So if you don't drive much and it has been under roughly 1,000 miles, depending on your drive style. It probably just hasn't hit that marker.
One thing to keep in mind is that BMW recommends replacing brakes at or under 3mm. So you still have 6mm left. Which is quite a bit left.

Just keep track of your mileage. If it doesn't change around 1,000 miles. There might be something wrong with the system. But don't always take the dealers word when they say something "has to be replaced"
After reading a lot of these forums. It seems like dealers are only following a manual and procedure spacific order in how they troubleshoot problems. I'm not saying all are bad. But take what they say with a grain of salt.

Last edited by dblaron30i; 12-23-2016 at 05:53 PM..
Appreciate 0