Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
Only 2 very minor issues on mine, and they are not serious enough for me to take it to the dealers.

1. If nobody sits in the passenger seat for a few days, then a rattling noise can be heard going over rough road surfaces. If you just press down on the seat base it disappears for a while. I think one or two others on here have reported something similar. Not sure if its the heating element, or ISOFIX safety thing, but it does sound like something loose vibrating against plastic/metal.

2. Again going over rough road surfaces, a metallic ping/spring noise can be heard from the rear drivers side window. I discovered yesterday that if you tap the window switch to effectively drop the window by about 1mm (you see the window slightly twist round and down, but its completely sealed so no chance of any leaks), then the noise stops. I suspect it might be the mechanism that actually moves the window. I thought it was the rear speaker, but pretty sure its something to do with the window.

When the cars in the dealers I'll bring this to their attention and tell them exactly where the issues are. This means all they need to do is fix things rather than diagnose where the rattles are coming from!