Thread: ZFest 2010
View Single Post
      09-05-2010, 11:06 PM   #1
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

ZFest 2010

Well I attended my first Zfest (a Sub group of BMWCCA) this weekend. It was a nice but small gathering in Valencia, CA (a few miles noth of LA). I guess previous "Homecomings" held at the BMW plant in SC were quite spectacular (sponsored by BMW) and well attended 500+ cars. However with the xfer of the Z to Germany - no more US BMW Z Homcomings. So its now an annual rolling event - kinda of like BMW MOA (Motorcycle Owners of America) annual national rallies. A new site every year. A little over 80 cars showed up for this years event. Met some nice people who drove out from NY, OH & TX, as well as the semi local CAers. I always had a sweet spot for the Z3M coupes and there were a few nice examples in attendence. The silver chopped and customized Z3 roadster was an especially nice job. Not my cup of tea - but to each their own. He had some interesting stories. And that after all was what it was all about - kickin tires, bench racing, and telling some little white lies. Here's a few photos for your viewing pleasure.

HerrK - 2021 X5 40i M Sport l PCD l Atlantis Blue/Ext'd Tartufo Merino l M Sport w/blue Calipers l Matt Popular l HK Sound l 740's l Exec & Drive Pro Pack
Sold w/Great Memories - E89 Z4 l ED 2010 l 2011 35i l Crimson/Ext'd Coral Red w/Alum l 6 sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's
Appreciate 0