01-17-2017, 09:26 PM   #725
PoorLurker
Custom User Title
No_Country
Rep
Drives: a bicycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by shoei View Post
Curious to know what happens when you come across say bartenders or waiters/ waitresses? Their job is to take your order, serve and ensure that everything is alright... So, no tip?

It's all personal preference, but I'm probably the polar opposite of you... Interesting to see other people's take...
Waiters? Waitresses? I tip them.

I do wish America would raise food prices and include the tip and tax in the menu price.

Go to a steak house
Person A buys a new york steak for $50.
Person B buys a wagyu grade 5 for $500.
Each person tips 20%.

Why should Person B pay $100 in tips when Person A pays $10? Is it more challenging to take the Wagyu out from the kitchen? This is the same restaurant so the service will be the same especially given that the two people are at the same table. I cannot follow the logic in that. That makes my [insert mental issue here] flare up.

It's like a McDonalds sign that says:
6 piece nugget = 1 sauce
10 piece nugget = 2 sauces
20 piece nugget = 3 sauces

No! You cannot do that. Two 10 piece nuggets is the same as one 20 piece nugget! You can't take away 50% of my sauce because I called it a 20 piece. Where is the logic in that?

Pizza delivery? I drive there myself and pick it up. I'll carry my own luggage from the curb to the cart. I will park my own car. I will open my own door. I will take the paper towel from the machine myself (at the club).

I do not value people doing those things for me. Therefore, I have a hard time paying for it. On top of that, I expect literally nothing in the form of tipping or incentives in my job.

I find comfort in black and white.

Watch this and then see how choice isn't always a good thing. Then, relate that to tipping and how opened ended it is.

Last edited by PoorLurker; 01-17-2017 at 09:39 PM..
Appreciate 1
Xtabi1701.50