View Single Post
      05-16-2012, 09:16 AM   #18
jelmok
Rep
Drives: Z4 sdrive35is

Hi all,

Thought I would drop a quick update on this for anyone that is interested. Had the car into a 3rd party BMW tuner to provide an independent report and initial analysis, and they confirmed the problem is there (so I'm not going mad)! The owner even has a 35i himself which doesn't exhibit the same problem as my car. They visibly checked all the obvious mechanical things and everything looked good, and confirmed that the KDS was done correctly. So my car is now back with BMW. Went out with one of the Master Technicians and he confirmed the problem was there, but warned it may take a while to diagnose and cure, as most of the obvious things have now been checked and even double checked! Really hoping they can cure this problem - but at least they are taking me seriously and concur that there is something amiss. Last I heard they were going to try disconnecting as many electronic aids as possible to see if it is some kind of erroneous interference from the adaptive dampers or the servotronic steering. Hopefully I'll get an answer soon - don't really want to get rid of the car, but if they can't fix this, I can't keep it as it is....so fingers crossed!

Thanks for all the feedback and insights from everyone!
Appreciate 0