05-28-2023, 05:37 PM   #7
RenanV
Rep
Drives: Z4 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenanV View Post
Hey!

New update!

I've found an ISTA version, installed it on a standalone computer only for this purpose, buyed the correct cable to dial it.
After few hours of setting it up (an "interesting" experience if you ask me), it did work.

So I search through it, found a way to trigger power windows (hardtop was considered not properly locked, so windows and trunk didn't worked), and playing with softclose (linked to CTM module) did open the trunk.

After few test, I suspected my battery was the reason of all of this.

(since the beginning my roof was not considered as locked, so the majestic "bong" was going on and on and on... until after playing with ISTA, it did stoped to bong for few miles, but unfortunately it came back)

Ordered one, received it today, replaced it, used MHD to register it, and.... nothing changed...!

So! Here is the new situation:

ISTA is focusing on the CTM module: https://ibb.co/MS6WsHP

Here is the complete description you can find on A6A5 error: https://ibb.co/R7MVvfh

It says it could be a short circuit on connector X200 (did not found where this one is, or connector X13039 (center connector on CTM module): https://ibb.co/tHzmBSd

Unfortunately, I can't open the trunk anymore, so, if I'm lucky enough to gain access (of course, european car, so can't pull the emergency exit inside as it not exist), I will try to check every power supply cable on CTM module connectors....

Once again, if anyone have an idea, I would appreciate it

Best regards,
Renan
New update (and, hopefully, close from my side)

The very next day, my trunk was unlocked (without anything more than faith in me,myself and I…), so I did access to the CTM, unpluged everything, put it out, took a picture of it (mine has a SW 6.50, but it looks like there’s a loooooot of different version, unfortunately I didn’t found any information about this…), put it back replugged everything.

But, I had a new error code, about everything related to the hydrolic system…
So I changed the salmon relays, but it didn’t change anything…

The day after, I’ve decided to remove the CTM once again to check all the connectors, once done, hydrolic system was ok!
But still, A6A5 error was there…

So, I tried to open the roof while moving the cables lines around (did worked everytime one Hall sensor start to failed), but nothing worked…
But as always when you’ve spent a lot of time in the car, it shutdown itself, so I turn it back on and the roof start moving!!!

I put a box behind to inspect all the cables, did not found anything wrong aside of some « free cables » lying around from my last repairs
So I decided to make it look cleaner and hold them together with tape
Once done, I tried to open completely the roof and hear a « crack » at the moment roof 2 is lying on roof 1, and the bong stating it will not move anymore

After a quick check up on ISTA, A96D, roof 2 shell right hall sensor default
I checked all the cables and found the connecteur of one right sensor cracked open (it did not passed on the right of the structure but through the structure because of the taped « free cables »), so I removed it by cutting before and after the connector and soldered the cables directly
Once done everything worked as expected

My opinion on this, is the connector already had previous troubles and worked intermittently, my mistake did solved this mystery…!

So, if you have the A6A5 error, check all the connectors even hall sensor connectors!
Appreciate 0