View Single Post
      03-12-2018, 11:14 AM   #706
KenB925
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ZL1, Raptor

I posted this in the foodie thread too.

I did a practice run of pizza, my wife wants me to make pizza for our 3 year olds birthday next sunday. I was impressed, this thing is awesome!

I have been making pizza fairly regularly for 7 years. I make the dough and sauce from scratch. Until now I have been cooking on a pizza stone in my Traeger (pellet grill) which can pull about 435 to 450 degrees max, but it has a good convection effect.

About a year ago I change from using bread flour to 00 Caputo flour, it made a much bigger difference then I expected. It requires less water hydrate and be very elastic (compared to bread flour), it stretches better and makes a nice consistent crust.

The difference it texture from the pizza stone/grill to the Forno is surprising. I found that cooking on a 650 degree floor (close to 1000 degrees on the dome) is about perfect, pizza is done in no more then 2 minutes. What is surprising is the texture of the cheese. I think its is cooking so fast that it doesn't have time to lose moisture, it is soft and creamy. Fresh mozzarella also has no time to lose its moisture, if you have worked with fresh mozz in a conventional oven you know that it can leave puddles of water, not here.
Attached Images

Appreciate 4
RickFLM411000.00
P111591.50
DSB335d1323.50
EdM54074.00