Land_Shark
In The Flesh
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 35i

[QUOTE=morfinx]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Land_Shark View Post
You cannot order the retrofit kit through the dealership. You can buy it from an importer but it's a lot more expensive. I went with an aftermarket solution (GROM MST3) because it's a simpler install, but I'm slightly annoyed because it's been 2 months and I'm still waiting on a firmware update to fix some issues.

By the way, how did you remove the center console to wire the USB socket?
Oh I see. I am surprised to know that the few 3rd party that offers the retrofit and the remote coding are more expensive than the dealer... Well to me, the dealer in Hong Kong told me I cannot retrofit it. Proved that they were wrong.

I did not manage to take out the centre console. So what I did is drill a small whole into the aux plug itself. This allowed me to take out the plug. I took out the shifter and the little plastic cover to the rear of the console. Than used a long coper wire to get the cable through from the retrofitted USB/Av plug all the way to the CIC harness... Took a long time, but was done cleanly and as if OEM cabled. You can't believe how tiny spaces are these on a Z4....
Appreciate 0