View Single Post
      06-23-2015, 03:26 PM   #3
Dejablue
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 SDrive 35is

Quote:
Originally Posted by rking117 View Post
One concern i have with it is that it does not have any rear facing capability. Great for the popo sitting in the median but nothing for the one that entered behind you that you didnt see. I would hate to have to buy two to get rear protection. the other concern is what if i do not load the app itself? does it still provide me with a warning? I would assume that it would auto-load like some other apps do but there was no mention of it that i could see. then the next part is what if i am using my GPS? will it warn me even if it is not the active app? I know it said that you can play music but what about other apps? these are all big questions for me.
All valid points.
These are some of the things I kept coming back to as well.
I guess I feel like some protection is better than none, because I don't see myself mounting a RD on the dash or windshield.
The manufacturer maintains that it can be run in the background, so until I experience different I'll believe 'em...but if it is an issue, that will be a deal breaker for me.
I'd also say that buying a RD for me is not so I can race the car around like a speed demon. It's more about having some defense for the fact that this car just goes fast without even noticing it!
Appreciate 0