Thread: 28i 302BHP!!!
View Single Post
      11-18-2014, 01:30 AM   #17
notebookboy
Rep
Drives: F30

You can install the JB4 unit into the fuse box.
There's reserved whole on the fuse box. And it's waterproof then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by APDspider View Post
Follow Up:

I bought the N20 JB Stage 1 tuner from BMS. Fast shipping and product looks nice.

I installed it tonight. A bit more difficult, as they show the N54 engine in all their pictures. So the install location and plugs weren't exactly as depicted in their PDF install guide.

Also, the unit is clearly not waterproof. The Z4 does not have the same covers which would otherwise protect the unit. So I'll need to go buy a rubber bag and zip tie it around the unit. Otherwise, the unit may get wet from driving thru puddles.

I did not get any CEL (Check Engine Lights) once install was done. I notice a difference driving hard. It's not huge, but noticeable.
-Comfort mode and driving normally, I couldn't tell a difference.
-Sport Mode, the wheels spin upon acceleration, thats new and fun.
-Sport + hasn't been tested yet. Too much traffic. Another follow up coming tomorrow.

I saw that Dinan has a new N20 Tuner for the z4 28i... but it's just coming out this week. No prices or available dates as of yet. It's not a piggyback system so they claim it's better for your car. (see their videos explaining why on their site).

I'll hold my judgment until a few more drives with this car. I won't dyno the car, so I'll believe that the extra HP is there.
Appreciate 0