Thread: Washing Your Z!
View Single Post
      09-12-2010, 12:37 PM   #41
Horsedoc67
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 35i Z4 2011 X3 35i

I wash my Z with the Mr Clean device avail. at most auto stores in the US (Autozone etc and some supermarkets) It has a cartridge that deionizes the final rinse water and it also has a special soap that rinses clean and with essentially no water spots, the final drying is done with clean microfiber towels. I clean the windows with deionized water in a spray bottle and microfiber towels. Twice weekly I spray the car lightly with deionized H2O and wipe clean using several towels not allowing them to get very soiled. I then go over the car with Turtle Wax Spray Detailer and micro towels. For the wheels I just use the MrClean soap and the afore pictured BMW Brushes. The key to no scratches is using clean towels, avoiding wash mitts and chamois because they always retain grit that will scratch. Use a clean microfiber towel as a mitt. I keep a large quantity of towels on hand(cheap at Costco) and launder them with detergent and hot water. If they get badly soiled with grease,oil, etc I toss them.
Appreciate 0