View Single Post
      01-04-2015, 11:26 AM   #1
cynicalwry
Rep
Drives: Z4

New owner and first mods

I picked up a '10 Z4 35i Monday. For those that know me, I can't NOT take car apart as soon as I get it.

The first thing to do was hard wire a V1. It is tapped into the switched ignition power above the mirror. The concealed display is secured inside the left vent. We removed the flappers inside and took off the adjuster. It can easily be put back together in the future.

Next was the create more storage inside the center console. Who in their right mind would buy a BMW phone? A little fiddling around and the phone holder is gone. A quick plate w/ double side tape gives me an added storage bin.

I've also started playing around w/ coding. I purchased the BMWhat adapter/software prior to getting the car so I could validate any existing codes/faults that might be present. I'm liking the features, but still trying to get everything dialed in. So far I've got windows up/down and mirror open/close w/ the remote. I'm missing something to allow the top to open/close w/ the remote. My previous car was a 2000 323i, so there weren't many options available. I'm going to start playing around w/ other coding tools and see what else is available.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0