View Single Post
      08-02-2011, 02:57 PM   #2
Rac10000
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 981 Cayman S

Then my friend and I hopped in the Z4, put the top down, and began our 2 hour journey to Stuttgart …

Part of the drive to Stuttgart was unrestricted … I was trying to break the car in but I had to give her a little juice … it is completely legal after all …

Once arriving in Stuttgart we first went to the Porsche Museum …

Then we took the 5 minute drive over to the Mercedes-Benz Museum …

My friend snapped a few quick pictures of the Z4 in the parking garage at the MB museum … she looks pretty good with the top up!

After spending the night in Stuttgart, we drove to 5+ hours in the Z4 to Brussels, Belgium … we did not have any automotive activities planned, but we got to spend the day in the city …

The next morning it was off to Paris, France for our last destination for the trip … we dropped off my car so it could begin its journey back to the US (6-8 weeks ) before entering the city … so sad … and such a tease …

Anyway, when we get to Paris we quickly dropped our luggage off at the hotel and began to walk around … we only had a day and a half so we wanted to make the most out of it … this was one of the first few things we saw … I was like “WTF!?!?!” My first thought was Top Gear, but I do not think it was Clarkson and the gang …

The rest of Paris was beautiful … we saw the exhibit of some of Ralph Lauren’s car collection but weren’t allowed to take pictures … his McLaren F1 LM was there

Overall, it was an amazing experience that I am very thankful I was able to have at this point in my life. If any of you ever get the chance to do something like this I highly recommend it!

As far as the Z4 goes, I put 675 miles on it and really had a blast. It is very, very quick! Significantly faster than my E46 M3 was … the driving position and the top-down aspect really make it a lot of fun even if you’re not racing around. The DCT was great too! I’ll post a better review of the car after it is back in my hands in the beginning of September and I can put some more miles on it.

Also, this is the link to my friends Flickr album that has a few more of his pics from the trip.

Last edited by Rac10000; 08-08-2011 at 01:11 PM..
Appreciate 0