View Single Post
      09-22-2017, 11:24 AM   #18
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pic18 View Post
Let me preference this with although I currently live in Michigan, I used live in NY.

I think one of the best things about the city is exploring, but let me give you a few ideas. If you want to stay downtown I would check the area by Fraunces Tavern, which is one of the oldest bars in NYC. I realize if you are from the UK old is relative term, but it is a good spot and there are other cool options near by.

If you are feeling a bit more adventurous in the walking department (although still walk-able) I would up to spring st and check out the Spring Lounge and Lombardi's for pizza. People could argue for days about NY pizza, but Lombardi's is the original (albeit in a new location). Just to the west of that is a bunch of cool bars/restaurants in the are between Rivington and Delancy St. I would recommend Welcome to the Johnson's (1970's theme living room).

Finally I do not think any trip to lower Manhattan is complete without a trip to McSorely's and if you are a punk rock fan you can wander down the street to Niagara (formerly A7's) where they have a big mural of Joe Strummer on the wall.
I'll be checking some of this out as my trip is at the beginning of October and I am staying in TriBeCa, as a change from the financial district.

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 1
Pic18303.50