01-28-2013, 02:19 AM   #8
CedarZ4
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: G05 M50i, Tesla M3P

Quote:
Originally Posted by tranquility View Post
Ya, definitely get a 2nd opinion from a professional. No idea about the baseplate...that is weird! Since it's at a BMW dealer having its roof mech fixed, are they doing the baseplate as well?

I hope you got a testdrive...how was it?

The indy got the car from the bank? Did the car get repo'd? I'm confused.
The indy dealer did not mention anything about the baseplate getting fixed, just said the bank that he bought it from opened up the baseplate to check for moisture and debris. So I assume that it does not need any fixing.

From what he told me, the car was originally owned by a couple and was no longer needed due to a breakup. It was returned to the bank that financed the car, and the bank inspected it (hence the baseplate being lifted), then sold it at auction. The indy dealer bought it at auction, and now the car is at a BMW dealer getting the roof fixed. He mentioned specifically he doesn't think it's a repo'd.

So for $50k, is this car too good to be true, or is it a reasonable price? What about all these stories that for some reason just doesn't sit well with me... just paranoia? Again, first time buying used so could use some more opinions.

And tranquility - no, I did not get to test drive this specific car since I am out-of-state and it is across the country.
Appreciate 0