Thread: HBO: WestWorld
View Single Post
      10-25-2016, 12:57 PM   #35
EALm4
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: SO 16' M4

I dont think the hosts "hard" reset perse but go into "sleep mode" and power down for a bit unless a guest is actively engaging. I also think that the park has operating hours just like any typical business but is flexible depending on the situation.

A host isnt just going to shut down at 11pm in the middle of a bar fight just to reset. Unless they are being engaged, they go to their specified location to lay down and "sleep". I dont think Elsie and her team just roll out to move everyone back into their spots. It's either they go back to their starting location/bed or just go with the flow of things. i.e. if you were banging Clementine all night when you're done and leave, she'd either 1)return to her normal loop mingling with the guests down stairs (if it were during normal operating hours) or 2)Sleep and wake up during the normal hours of her storyline. For all we know that these things can either sleep for 8hrs like normal or 5 min because there was a gap in time from the last interaction to their normal story.

When Dolores is out with Logan and William, for all they know she just needs to get some rest but in reality it's just not time for her to be active as her system has finished evaluating whether or not she needs to interact with the guests or pass the hell out. For all they know hosts also need to sleep like normal people.

There's also a theory about Logan:
If you remember in Episode 3 - Younger Ford was looking at one of the more advanced hosts and this is a quick shot of him:

Look familiar?

Thus, creating the speculation of alternate timelines/universes, which could be what the "maze" is.

Appreciate 1
PoorLurker1136.50