View Single Post
      11-19-2008, 12:03 PM   #20
zetterer
Rep
Drives: bmw

i heard from a good source that there will be 3 engines, all engines will have 3.0 litres. Badging is "sDrive", so it will be called " Z4 sDrive30i". Smallest engine will be sDrive23i (both 23i and 30i are N52 engines), biggest engine is N54 (sDrive35i). Informations about a Diesel engine are still unremained, yet it would make sense because of the TT TDI and the next gen SLK Diesel rumors (although it will be only a 4zylinder-diesel because of the torque)). Insiders say there will be no Z4M because of high costs, 2010 a "high performance" variant will be introduced with a boosted N54. Prices will be high for sure, BMW's price policies are ridiculous. Take the price from the current Z4, add a folding hard top(around 2000$), add Xenon's, leather etc as standard equipment (they will reduce the options due to variant reduction, so the base model will have increased standard equipment), and you end will up above of the 40k-line (standard model). sDrive35i's standard price will be because of that near to the 50k-level.

That's what i have heard...
Appreciate 0