View Single Post
      12-21-2012, 12:25 AM   #86
Boomer67
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 3.0i, BMW K1600GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Technic View Post
The problem with the Z4 is its price and nothing else. It's simply overpriced. By a lot.

Agreed. I love the current version of the Z4sDrive35is but for the price, and given how well folks on this forum and others feel the Z4 is at taking long trips and grand touring, I wish the LCI refresh would have included the following additions at least as available options:

1. Adaptive Cruise Control
2. Heated AND Ventilated Seats (ideally with more adjustment in the headrest area)
3. Available full-color HUD
4. Higher-end premium audio system
5. BMW Performance brakes (stock units are a bit of an eye sore even while on dealer show room floor)
6. Backup camera with surround overhead peripheral view and responsive vector lines.
7. Lane departure warning
8. Turn signals in mirror housings

Some of these items such as number 1,6,7, and 8 come on far less expensive vehicles. I know, I know the zed is a driver's car, but given that it now has a hard top it does equally well as a semi-GTer or day to day driver, many of the features listed above could really add to the day to day drivability experience IMHO.

Finally, I was anticipating squared off LED Lighting units as well. I don't really care for the side accent metal elements BMW is adding/accentuating across their line either. Seems tinny and agree with others that this cheapens the car a bit. Hopefully it looks better in reality than in photos.

Oh yeah, one last thing. Going back to black-faced gauges in the "is" would be a good thing as more contrast is great. And could you kindly take the name out of the gauge as well? We seek important info there not marketing badge typography. Besides no logo there is needed as from what I can tell, you are reminded constantly that you are in a Z4sdrive35is by the sweet sounds accompanying your right foot movement.
Appreciate 0