08-14-2013, 12:57 AM   #10
dtn
Prince of Zamunda
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 AW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eltee View Post
Do you need to splice wires or cut into the existing harness? Just concerned about being able to uninstall it with no trace of it being there. My car has 2 more years of warranty.

You mentioned that the price was lowered? What are you asking for the package?

Yup, I'm in Milwaukee. Had 3 Z3s before the 4. You're correct there are very few Z3s or Z4s around. I've only seen maybe a couple E89s since they came out. Mine's been in the shop since June 28 waiting for a manual tranny that's on a slow boat from Germany. It's killling me.
No you don't have to splice wires. The closest to cutting you have to do is tap into power and ground wires but you can even undo that. You just have to remove wire pins from the harness which are clipped in by pressing on tabs. Also there is a bypass mode in the SmarTop which you set every time you bring your car in for service which makes it undetectable.

But the short answer to this is... yes you can uninstall without a trace (in under 15 minutes).

I was selling a 3D Design lip and reduced the price I originally posted it for but the lip is sold now. I visit Milwaukee every so often and I never see any e89s. You better get your car out of the garage soon! You're running out of top-down months to drive that bad boy!
Appreciate 0