02-06-2016, 04:42 PM   #8
Fazerfahrer
Second Lieutenant
Germany
Rep
Drives: 330d touring F31, Z4 35is E89

Garage List
Hello,

there are different views on the 35is compared to the former driven 30i.
It took some time till I had the handling in the 35is which I prefer and had in the old 30i. I changed to Eibach Pro Kit springs to lower the car and changed to H&R anti-roll bars and a Wichers strut bar. Track and fall were adjusted by a german racing team, to eliminate the umderstearing. So you see that the current set up is not comparable with the BMW standard set up
From that point of view I'm happy with the current handling.
One of the biggest differences is to my opinion the change from automatic gearbox to 7 gear DKG which react more direct to the paddels or the throttle.
With the additonal power and the turbo I need to change my driving style, as you need to take more care how to use the throttle in the moment you change in the curve from brake into push. With the 30i it was more or less a no brainer for a full pull, but now it need to have a more sensitive use.

Overall I'm really happy with the change don't miss the 30i but also don't forget the five nice years together.