07-27-2016, 03:49 PM   #8
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirthBrooks View Post
That sounds a lot like what we are looking for. We are planning on flying out there this fall so we will check out the boulder area. I was curious about the altitude, I do crossfit and I can only imagine how bad workouts are going to suck up there when I can't breath. Hopefully it is something you can adjust to, I've lived on the east coast most of my life so I haven't really experienced altitude like that.
I do Orange Theory, you get used to it pretty quickly, I do remember trying to go for a run after only my second day of being in the area and wanting to die after just a mile. It was maybe after day 3 or 4 where I felt comfortable and felt that I could work out at around the same pace as I can around here.

Not uncommon to see warning signs in the hotel gyms though warning you of how you may not be able to work out as hard as you are used to though. Not sure how you are cardio wise but Colorado is a very active area and so on my last trip out there for work this past June I decided to knock out two fourteeners since I'd never done one before. I thought getting used to the altitude in Denver/Boulder was something....those two fourteeners were quite the experience.
Appreciate 0