Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E89

Garage List
2012 BMW Z4  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn View Post
Well I didn't take mine for repair at BMW since a fellow friend/car enthusiast owns a very reputable repair shop. He owns a 996 turbo and does all types of work on all cars, exotics and the like. I had him handle it and he did a phenomenal job. He had it for a week.

Btw it all depends on securing the body panels, parts, and oem paint in all honesty. BMW told me I would most likely be waiting at least a month for parts and maybe more for labor.

I had him repair my current body panels which took him about 40 hours work just to restore and then used filling to finish the repair between the quarter panel/bumper. He saved me a fortune and did marvelous work. I got screwed on the police report, in case you are wondering why I didn't go through insurance....
Oh ok, that explains it. Thanks for the info. Before I read the last sentence I was trying to figure out why you didn't go through the insurance company. Sorry to hear about being screwed in the police report, hopefully mine went smoothly but I really have no idea what excuse the truck driver would give the cops so I really hope no problems occur. The state being broke doesn't help either.

The car seems drivable, I got to double check the axle to see if there are some swaying on higher speeds but as long it's just cosmetic damage, I can wait a month and drive around with the damaged body. So again, I got my fingers crossed.

Quote:
I only mentioned the early return since here in Canada there is no fine only if you return it and get nothing else there is a hefty fine for early return. if you return a lease and lease another car at the same dealer then there would be no early return penalty. This might be different in the US.
There is definitely a fine, and a huge one at that, if I returned the car early. Sometimes they do offer to let you return the car early w/o a fine if there are a only couple of months left and you get a car from them as well.