Thread: Noobs
View Single Post
      06-25-2014, 07:54 PM   #385
Rbozzell
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW Z4 sdrive35i

My 2010 35i

After searching for 8 months, I finally landed a blue beige, fully loaded z4 with 7200 miles. I am stoked. It has 7 speed DCT (must for the wife, but I love it), sport package (must for me), premium package, premium sound (which I think is a waste on a convertible, at least with the top down), cold weather package, navigation, park distance control. I think it has the alarm (bmwarchive indicates it was not an option for my VIN, but I have the red bulb on the mirror which I thought indicated the alarm was installed). And it has a cpo warranty.

So far, two minor problems:

1. the buttons on the right side of the sports steering wheel don't work. The dealer is getting me a replacement part and I will install it.

2. The navigation does bizarre things on the NJ turnpike asking me to exit, do a upturn and get back on at each exit.

I've also been surprised by the hot air without the AC (with the roof down), even with the temp setting and cold air selection at the coldest settings. I read somewhere that this is the nature of a hot running engine in a convertible, so I hope this is normal.
Appreciate 0