05-02-2013, 11:43 AM   #31
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by williakz View Post
Your cost figures are in the ballpark, but they cost out ONLY new 35is parts. When comparing one car with a new exhaust to another one with a new exhaust, you must cost out BOTH new exhausts and then calculate the price difference BETWEEN the two. When you do this with the 35i (costing out front and rear brakes and rear exhaust) AND with the 35is (same parts), the cost difference between the two sets of parts is less than $400 TOTAL.

Not $4,000 as you calculated, but $400. So my $5,000 unexplained price difference between the 2014 35i and 35is stands. BTW, I hope you don't have anything to do with the finances in your home or business - you really need some help with the basic principles of comparative costing.
have you calculated in bmw's r&d cost yet?

bmw can charge any price they want and people will pay so stop complaining if its too steep for you. someone will pay for it. just like the m5/m6 exhaust coming out soon, it will bare a price between 8-10k and i can see plenty of people ready to pay for it.

i paid 58k for my fully loaded z435is when the sticker was 75k last year. i paid 84k for my rr lux when the sticker was 98k. i also purchased a house for 1.7m when the market was ugly and now its back to 3.2m so i think i did pretty ok for myself.

i am not responding to this thread anymore. this is just stupid. make your own thread and complain about bmw pricing
Appreciate 0