05-01-2013, 11:46 PM   #27
Hoa
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by williakz View Post
Did not know about brake or exhaust differences. Can you explain what they are and how they could affect vehicle performance/handling/operating characteristics.

So what is BMW's reason for $5,300 upcharge (2014 35i to 35is at same option level)? If you're "sure" they have a reason, what is it? Larger brakes and a somehow different exhaust? If you don't know the reason, then you're not sure at all, are you?

I am not now nor have I previously compared the MY2013/14 35is to prior years. I AM comparing the MY2014 35is to the MY2014 35i. Any other comparison is irrelevant as far as my points go. You are, of course, welcome to make some of your own points if and when you have some.
dont be an ass... no one will like you. i was just pointing out some differences thats not listed on the website.

go to realoem.com and compare all part numbers. i only named a few obvious parts. there are more. do a search in this forum and you will see several threads where people swap out their regular 35i exhuast to 35is exhaust and how much they love the exhaust note afterwards. the exhaust is 1300 just for the rear section. here is one member upgrading to the 35is exhaust http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showpost...4&postcount=10

there is a for sale thread for the brakes as well. someone got them to upgrade but changed their mind. it cost 1350 for the rear and around the same for the front. here is a link if you dont know how to search http://e89.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=719381

All r&d will cost money. Everything will cost more for low volume item. What low volume item could be produced at a lower cost than mass production? if you can give me a good example, I will mail you a candy.

1300 exhaust
1350 front brakes
1350 rear brakes
-----------------
this already allocate 4,000 for just 3 items. add up the tune and some other minor parts and im sure it will be around your number that you are yapping about
Appreciate 0