View Single Post
      07-05-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
hshs83
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: z4

HELP!

Hi! I might have a similar problem to yours too, except mines isn't a manual car. I have zero knowledge of cars (I'm a girl) and am not familiar with most of the terms you guys use. I have a 2011 z4, it's automatic, and has around 7k miles. I bought it new. I noticed that around the 5k mark that sometimes when I braked, there would be a a sort of a vibration feeling lasting like 1-2 seconds before coming to a complete stop. It's hard to explain. Almost like if you were to brake on gravel surface...that sort of feeling. Now, this doesn't happen all the time. All in all, it probably happened like 15 times. I didn't think anything of it until today when my car just DIED...STOPPED...while I was driving on the street. Luckily I was on local street and the streets were empty. My car just got quiet, like the engine was off. I immediately came to a stop and then tried to restart my car. It was successful and acted like nothing was wrong. It was extremely scary and now I do not feel safe in my car. I already made an appt. with the dealer to drop it off after work today but they acted like it was no big deal. Do any guys here have any answers for me? Am I posting in the right place? Please advise. Thank you in advance!!!!
Appreciate 0