04-24-2013, 09:00 AM   #124
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc
Ok i'm gonna switch teams here since its not fair for the kid anymore. Statistically speaking, rich kids with superior education will have a higher chance of success than poorer kids with mediocre education. They are also given much more opportunities from their peers, family, and people in the field. If you guys want to read into this a bit more you can try Outliers by Malcolm Gladwell. If his path is to become a doctor of some sort, he really doesn't need to respect people nor will he fully learn to until he steps out of his little bubble. With a long and prestige heritage of doctors in the bloodline, I can safely say they are more well off then the people they deal with on a daily basis, therefore they are more "successful" than most or all of the people around them. So with such a piss poor attitude and a lack of fundamental respect, does a prime example like this succeed in life? Highly probable.
10,000 hours! Yeah, Outliers is an amazing book, I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for something to read. (Sorry, off topic.)
Appreciate 0