Thread: Cobb vs ESS
View Single Post
      08-20-2013, 02:33 AM   #22
VailM3
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 35is

Just to update. I have had my cobb Stage 1 aggressive on the 35is now for 2 weeks (no highway drive just yet)

Install: Overall it was as idiot proof as possible. There was a snag due to EU vin that had to get reset on my unit but that took a just a couple day to sort out. Afterwords it really was a plug and play. On a note it really does take about 12-14 minutes to complete so prepare to hang out in your car a while.

Experience: The two most noticeable things are the response and torque. Having it in Linear mode the engine acts more of an NA engine than a Turbo engine. You can feather the throttle and know the amount of power you are about to extract without this sudden shock of boost kicking in.

Torque. Now that the overboost function is on (depressing the gas pedal no longer increase the power, it only drops to the lower gear available relative to road speed) the 35is motor produce a mountain of torque that was never available till you floored it. having 400 foot pounds on tap without flooring changes the entire car.
Appreciate 0