View Single Post
      05-02-2009, 06:49 AM   #2
aheinz_71
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Z4 sDrive 23i

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclivia View Post
how does the unlocking work on e89? all the pics i been seeing, has a key hole. Lets just say they replace the key hole with the button, I have to press the button then put my hand under and lift to open the door. its the same thing as puttin my hand in my pocket to unlock then use the other hand to open the door. E90 E92 have the pull out to open door, so its much more convenient to put hand on handle, use thumb to press the button then pull out.

So the question is, how does comfort access work on e89?

If it works the way i describe it, is comfort access worth the option?
My wife is very critical when it comes to technical toys and when we bought her E91 in 2005 I talked her into getting the comfort access.

After three months she told me that the feature she likes most is the comfort access. I think this says it all.

Here is what it will do:

You can open, close and start the car without ever touching your key. It is sufficient to have in your pocket (or hand bag).

When you pull the door handle the car will unlock automatically.

To lock the car you have a certain point which you need to touch for about 1 second. At an E91 it is on top of the handle. At the E89 it is sideways - next to the handle.

Obviously you still have the possibility to open and close like before (so mechanically and using the remote clicking the buttons). Comfort access just adds a third way of doing this (and believe me you will not use the other two any more).

When inside the car, you can press the start button without inserting the key as well.

One other nice feature is: Since the car knows when a key is inside, you cannot forget the key in the trunk and close it locking yourself out.

For convertibles comfort access also adds two more features:
In an E93 without comfort access you can only to one direction of the roof with the remote control (I don't remember if it is close or open). With comfort access you can do both. I assume that for the E89 it is the same.

Plus, with comfort access you also get a comfort loading function with which you open the roof only half way (meaning you need only 10 seconds instead of 20) and you can then access your boot space.

All in all for me this is one of the must-have options!

Disclaimer: I am in no way related to BMW. I am just a normal (happy) customer.
Appreciate 0