View Single Post
      07-19-2012, 04:17 AM   #53
jannisa
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Z4 Sdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by VintageBMW View Post
I can neither confirm nor deny that my wife's e89 has the following performance modifications:

1) Stett FMIC;
2) Eisenmann Race Exhaust (2x90);
3) Stett charge pipe with dual diverters;
4) Michelin Pilot Super Sports; and
5) ESS Stage 1 Flash, with map for all above (I did not want Stage 2, I value our DCT).

Soon to add - AR DPs.

I sure would like a brake package for all 4 corners but at this point I realize it will never happen. I was hoping the new F30 M Brake kit would fit the e89, and it might. However, the dealer told me I will have to buy them to find out.

I am aware of your (possible ) mods, as many others over here, they have been discussed extensively after all.

I asked another thing, if you will get an update by ess incorporating the higher flow capabilities.

Let me explain (if Kai permits) : The reason you are getting the dp is to increase your exhaust gases flowing capacity and decrease the oem restriction.
The only reason to do this is not mainly to have your turbos operate more effortlessly (they are anyway at stage 1) but to ''effortlessly'' allow them to operate at higher boost pressure levels.
If this meets not your intentions stay with the oem ones, they are after all the only double walled and have a flex section which is even nicer.

Folks, if you just mount the dp you will probably notice a moderate higher performance above 4500-5000 rpm, I would say 7-10 hp, it will be nice but will have nothing to do with their potential.
Albeit if you pair them with the appropriate (and regarding this was my question) ecu tuning option of your choice (be it a piggypack or a reflash) you will be able to calculate in the new flowing parameters and thus in short operate safely at higher boost levels and slightly increased timing advance levels for sharper response, but this has to be remapped (or ''autotuned'' for that matter for some piggypacks). This will get you ''easily'' ~20hp more and operate much much more responsively.

AR are building highest quality products anyway (I have their occ myself) and it would be imo unfair to them to have some guy review ''I expected more gains out of their dp''.
Dp will best shine only with the appropriate map, which will be either way mandatory for guys that went the catless way.

BTW, the F30 4pot fronts were mounted on an E9x, in fact they were pnp, the E89 has the same front axle components as the E9x, they should be a direct fit, search on the e90forum for more.
Appreciate 0