View Single Post
      02-27-2010, 04:23 PM   #13
lusebra
Rep
Drives: Z4 E89 3.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by siscobmw View Post
Hi
.......PS: my scenario is this:turn on engine, starts at 1200 rpm, then goes slowly to 6-700 rpm and the ticking noise(it's not big ticking) appears.If I press pedal no ticking noise at whatever engione speed....I move the car for 50 meters and I wait for the gate to open, the ticking is not barely audible, 200 meters again til the traffic light near my house and the ticking noise is gone....Yours?
Me too... same behavior of Francesco.....Z4 E89 3.0. This afternoon, after a week stop, I started the car in my garage and.....surprise.....I heard the "ticking noise". To be honest I heard this noise in other occasions, but I did not care. Ambient temperature 13 °C. It lasted about 2-3 mins and disappeared at all. I drove for 15 km at 1500-3000 rpm, I stopped the car without turning the engine off and.... no ticking noise. Anyway on Monday 8th March I will be going to my dealer for other reasons and I'll tell about this noise. I have a registration of the engine emitting this noise. I'll try to post if I'll be able to do.
Lusebra

Last edited by lusebra; 02-27-2010 at 05:04 PM..
Appreciate 0