View Single Post
      02-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
I would think your dealer can install a new face plate for your speedometer gauge? Have you checked with them?

UK cars must have both MPH and KM for speed and in the I don't think European cars have the MPH as standard..... I have certainly never heard of it.

My e28 (1987 535is was purchased in the US and has both the MPH and KM it can be changed by a push of a button). In Canada we only have KM faceplates on our speedometer gauge, whereas in the US they have both KM & MPH

I never understood why BMW does not make this a standard for all cars they build with dual readout KM & MPH or MPH & KM depending on what country they ship to.

Anyway, I recommend you contact the dealership. Do let us know how you make out I like to change mine also to have both displays KM & MPH. I do travel to the US quite often and speed readouts are posted there in MPH ... I don't think the US will ever go Metric as will our English cousins

Good Luck

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found

Last edited by Mr. ///M3 RD; 02-12-2012 at 02:53 PM..
Appreciate 0