View Single Post
      03-01-2024, 05:46 PM   #1
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

'Red' roof error message

Recently, I got this which pops up for a few secs and disappears. It's winter here so I don't have my trunk hatch thingy closed, so roof can't be opened/used even if I press the button. Anyway, this error msg didn't really bother me but last night I had a nervous moment cuz the msg popped up again and my stupid butterfingers somehow pressed the button for all windows to go down, so now I'm in another area of town far from home wondering how to get back w/o freezing to death (as the windows were stuck down and I couldn't open the trunk).

Fortunately, after a few minutes of tinkering, flicking the window switches, on/off the car, pressing the roof buttons, it went back to normal and I was able to close the windows.

Just wanna know if anyone has had similar experiences and what happened afterwards? What was the cause? I'm guess it's some loose thing/sensor that made it go crazy?

(FYI I don't have a scanner and don't bother w that since I pretty much bring my repairs to the dealer/indy.)
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0