View Single Post
      03-20-2009, 02:44 PM   #20
fijigabe0
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i M Sport

alright? what does that accomplish? if the concept is out in a year, that means that there's still another year, or at least 6 months of waiting until the production version is available, putting it at a 2011 roll-out date. let's figure you are correct, and there's an incredibly short rollout period, that doesn't answer the question on WHY BMW felt the need to shut out a major purchasing sector, by eliminating a lower-cost Z4, even if based on the 215hp or 230hp N52 engine.

the reason i'm unhappy isn't with the design of this car. i think the new Z4 is a big improvement over the old Z4 (which wasn't bad, in and of itself), but over the business decision of cutting out a large segment of your buying population, by not offering a more entry-level version of the new Z4. if they decided to wait for the Z2 to fill that gap, then the wait, even if 18 months, is too long. i can understand a one-year gap, but making people wait two years (a realitic timeline) will probably bite BMW in the ass with lost sales and revenues.

the economy sucks right now, so what did BMW do? it eliminated a lower-priced version of one of its cars, for a higher-priced version. gee, i don't think that's a smart decision.

'13 335i M-Sport

Past - '06 330xi, '07 X3 3.0si, '09 328i, '12 X3 XDrive 35i
Appreciate 0