View Single Post
      08-04-2017, 11:55 AM   #161
fmorelli
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: Atacama Yellow 35i

Sorry guys, work travel is cramping my style but I head back from NYC tonight. I'll make progress on the weekend, but vacation next week and another week (it looks like) in NYC after ... so it's going to be a few weeks out, not to mention that I am waiting on a cable from bimmertech. The Hertz stuff is great - I ended up on that 6.5" because jake169 got a custom Hertz-based installation done on his car (separate amp and separate DSP), so he laid the tracks for that purchase.

I don't have iDrive. Bluetooth integration is moronic from BMW, who claims to be a technology company. mid-level VWs do better than my Z4 without iDrive. For non-iDrive I tried lots of stuff and settled on the Tune2Air WMA1000. Also sold as "Bovee WMA1000" I believe. Don't try the 2000 or 3000 ... won't work (ask me how I know). The WMA1000 does drop connection some times, but mostly works. Mostly. Argh.

I have someone I'm dealing with in Germany to buy German HIFI stuff. If you need contact info, send me a PM so I can provide his web site (he carries lots of German brands that have BMW fitment) and his Facebook ID so you can message with him. As a USA guy, he gave me a priced shipped with no VAT - Paypal invoice ... worked great.

Filippo

Last edited by fmorelli; 08-04-2017 at 02:38 PM..
Appreciate 2
jts1981212.50
jake16929.00