Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 X3

Garage List
2014 Z4 35is  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjeupie View Post
You just smashed it somewhere in the middle or did you 'aim' for the attachment points?
I firmly hit it in the middle.

Hopefully, the design of the storage compartment didn't change between our model years and you will have success too.

The ski pass through kit is essentially a long nylon bag with a plastic frame that fits to the same "hole" in the bulkhead as the stoarage compartment. As a result, if it was installed there would be nothing solid to push against to remove from the passenger compartment (like the storage unit, the ski pass through is installed from the trunk side). That doesn't mean that there isn't some way to push it through into the trunk from the passenger compartment. However, without actually seeing it installed I don't know how straight forward a process it would be.

The lack of an external key mechanism somewhere on the trunk of the Z4 is a design flaw in my opinion. My 2009 335 coupe had comfort access (as does my Z4) and it still had a lock on the trunk that I could open with the key if necessary.

Last edited by C.D.335xi; 01-03-2016 at 03:14 AM..
Appreciate 0