View Single Post
      01-02-2016, 05:51 PM   #43
sjeupie
Private
Rep
Drives: Tiefseeblau E89 Sdrive 23i wit

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.D.335xi View Post
I unfortunately also once closed the trunk after disconnecting the battery. In my case, I have the storage tray option installed in the pass through. I removed the shelves and gave the back of the compartment a strong, sharp blow with butt of one of the bigger Maglite flashlights (you can use anything that is heavy and rounded, so as not to damage the back of the storage tray where you strike it) - the storage compartment flew into the trunk and I was able to reach through and reconnect the positive terminal. Once I got the trunk opened I discovered that, fortunately, the storage compartment was not damaged and it snapped back into place perfectly.

I don't know if the result would be any different if you have a different model year (mine is 2014) or if you have a different pass through option installed. In any case, I wish you the best of luck!
You just smashed it somewhere in the middle or did you 'aim' for the attachment points?
I have a 2010 model with storage compartment as well. Honoustly I'm not sure if it has a ski-pass through. Only had the car for 4 days before I put it in storage and was too mesmerised by the drive I guess to notice! And I'm not near my car now to check. Would that make any difference anyway? I can imagine that the hatch could only be opened from the trunk, following BMW trunk-access logic...?

Thnx for your help. Still can't believe the stupidity of the situation.
Appreciate 0