View Single Post
      11-09-2011, 09:28 PM   #8
JDB30
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayda View Post
I do not know anything about the average age of members here. I am am only 46 but I am having a hip replacement on December 5. I was a college gymnast, a level four singles tennis player and a sub three hour marathoner. Basically wore out my poor hip early (but don't regret my years of sport at all)! I expect it to be difficult getting into and out of my car for a while after surgery. Has any member here had a hip replacement who drives a Z4? How long did it take you to get enough ROM to be able to get into and out of such a low car? Just curious. I deliberated on buying my car so close to surgery. I am in good shape, small and quite flexible (female). Doc expects me to recover just fine. I am actually having hip resurfacing not a traditional total hip replacement due to my age and activity level. Would love to hear from anyone who has been in my position with a z4. Would hate to see my car sit for to long! I'm going to drive the heck out of it between now and 12/5!
It's not the same thing but I fractured my hip last year in a bad skiing accident (3 weeks after I got the Z!!!!). I didn't drive at all until about 3 weeks after the surgery and I rented an SUV for the first 2-3 weeks as there was no way I could get into the Z. I'd say you're looking at somewhere around 4-6 weeks. Good luck with your surgery!
Appreciate 0