View Single Post
      03-14-2012, 08:03 AM   #8
HerrK
Captain
Rep
Drives: 21 X5 40i, 77 R100Rs

I had mine 4 wheels off the ground now probably 3 or 4 times doing wheel inspections and oil changes.

I jack mine up using the jack pads and place the jack stands under the front wishbone (PN 11) as close to the frame pivot point (PN12) as possible. On the rear - under the trailing arm (PN 1) about mid span between the pivot point and axle/wheel hub.

The rear is a no brainer as the trailing arm is very structural. Be careful on placing the front to minimize the jack stand slipping as you settle the car on the jack stand when lowering the jack. I usually set up the rear first and then front. The frame is very stiff when you begin lifting at one point half the car usually will comes off the ground, which makes it interesting when setting or removing the jack stands. Lowering is front down first then rear. When you put it back on the ground the car suspension will not settle properly until you release the e brake.

I'll take some pics the next time I have it up, but that won't be for a few more months when I do my 20K mile 296 wheel inspection.

HerrK - 2021 X5 40i M Sport l PCD l Atlantis Blue/Ext'd Tartufo Merino l M Sport w/blue Calipers l Matt Popular l HK Sound l 740's l Exec & Drive Pro Pack
Sold w/Great Memories - E89 Z4 l ED 2010 l 2011 35i l Crimson/Ext'd Coral Red w/Alum l 6 sp MT l Prem Sound l Sport Pack l 296's
Appreciate 0