07-11-2016, 09:48 PM   #21
dwspen01
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 35i DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiicytuna View Post
OK this doesn't work for me as a buyer who likes to research and self-educate before purchasing. Obvious question from your post is; can you specify some reasons why you feel this way? When you say with DCT it will never work properly can you give clear examples? From what I can tell (and I am referring to many different n54 powered BMW's not just the e89) there seems to be A LOT of people runnig the JB4. On the n54tech forums, again, lots of people manual and DCT, are turning in big numbers and running daily with the JB4.

I am open to your opinion but to say "this sucks" without further explanation doesn't tell me anything. What are you running on your car since I assume it's not the JB4? How's it going? Have you ever run the JB4?
I have a 2009 Z4 35i DCT and started with JB4 G4 but the car would throw codes under load in the higher gears...with DPs, DCI and Intercooler. After much effort, the conclusion was that the ECU needed to see actual loads for the DCT to work properly and the JB4 manipulates the load values. I switched to MHD and my issues went away. I am currently running an E40 OTS tune.