View Single Post
      05-11-2015, 08:07 AM   #13
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

one thing about software you have to install on your computer, you always (well all most always) have an option not to upgrade. I would play with the new software to see if i like it and make sure they did not break something, and keep the old version around or keep it installed if all possible. If I did not like the new one I would revert back.

However, with things going to web base app like gmail, you have not choose you have to upgrade whether you want to or know. Talk about coming in one morning and finding that you main stream main app works differently, just look at gmail. My company decide to dump Outlook and go to gmail for corp mail. As much as I hate Microsoft, Google is far works. At least MS make an good attempt to making sure their product works, Google relays on most everyone to tell them what they did wrong. Also they have no issue with making UI changes on the fly and then you have to figure out where the moved a feature.

As things move to more web based applications it is going to get far worse of no leaving things alone.
Appreciate 0