View Single Post
      02-15-2017, 06:40 PM   #16
TheNus
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickFLM4 View Post
The Mariel boatlift was a pretty significant event in South Florida and, at least in my opinion, pretty integral to the storyline. Aside from that, the original did a phenomenal job portraying what was going on in a particular place at a particular time. I'm sure you can make a movie about someone coming from somewhere else to another city, but it seems like it would be a different movie, not a remake of the original. Sort of like someone remaking The Godfather with the Russian mob living in Chicago. Might be a good movie in its own right but wouldn't be a remake of The Godfather.
Exactly. All the events in Florida were occurring and they insert fiction into fact. Even Tony's financial rise wa based on the factual cocaine boom that happened in South Florida. I really hoped his one wouldn't come out to be honest. Understandably, the Scarface concept from the original is simply that a young up and comer makes good and falls to his hubris. I worry that this one will somehow become overly political. It could simply end up as anothe Mexico Cartel movie.

Last edited by TheNus; 02-15-2017 at 06:53 PM..
Appreciate 0