Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by H-Doc View Post

(nice car, jparnes! Hope you're not breaking her in too gently...)

I hate cleaning my wheels, as well.

I thought the twisted spokes of the 35is wouldn't be too bad, but they have this nasty little groove (that would be the twist, I guess) that is a bugger to get clean as the dust really collects in there.

I have just slapped some Klasse all-in-one on them last weekend (rather than re-waxing) based on a tip somewhere on this site (or possibly bimmerfest)... I'll let you know how that works.

Still looking for the solution that will let me pull out the hose and spray that pesky dust away, at least for a couple of weeks... a guy can dream, can't he?

Maybe if I just quit using the brakes so much...
Ha ha!

Guys - as an old biker... I recommend you go to your HArley Davidson or BMW MOtorrad dealer and ask about a product called S100.
I used it every week on my K1200RS.

Everything either blows off (if you go fast enough) or simply washes off with the next weekly application.
It puts a nonstick clear coat on the car - can be applied to even surfaces that get hot (such as exhausts or engines), and a small $30 bottle lasts about a year (on a bike), less on a car as you have a larger surface area.

I was on a ride once with 10 others. We hit 20km of a dusty trail, and when we stopped every other bike was caked in red dust (fine sticky stuff), and mine was almost pristine - everyone was sold on the product from that day onwards.

I'll be using it on my wheels every week to keep them clean and looking like the showroom floor.

Count Down: 4 days to go...

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0